An abnormal reaction by the immune system following consumption of a certain food.
If you’re experiencing new, severe, or persistent symptoms, contact a health care provider.
Symptoms of food allergy range from mild to life threatening.
- Abdominal pain/cramps
- Tingling/itching in the mouth
- Metallic taste in mouth
- Nausea and vomiting
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Swelling of the tongue
- Trouble swallowing
- Weak pulse/drop in blood pressure
- Symptoms of shock such as skin rash (hives) and flushed skin
- Anaphylaxis which can be life threatening
→ Common treatment options
→ How is this diagnosed?
– Food allergy is caused by an abnormal response of the immune system to certain foods. The most common foods which may cause allergies include:
- Milk and milk based products such as cheese, cream, butter
- Treenuts such as walnuts and pecans
→ Questions to ask your doctor
→ Interested to know more? Check out the full article here