A chronic immune disorder triggered by gluten ingestion. It results in damage of intestinal lining and causes diarrhea, fatigue, weight loss, bloating and anemia.
Symptoms include vomiting, appetite loss, bloating and constipation.
It is caused due to the immune reaction against gluten, a protein found in foods such as wheat, rye, barley and other grains.
Celiac disease is diagnosed by laboratory testing.
→ Common treatment options
→ How is this diagnosed?
- Treatments can help manage condition, no known cure
- Diagnosed by medical professional
- Often requires lab test or imaging
- Family history may increase likelihood
- Urgent medical attention recommended in severe cases
The only way to manage this condition is to follow a strict gluten free diet.
→ Do you have a health question on your mind for celiac disease? Ask professionals from across the world
→ Interested to know more? Check out the full article here